This is the gear for you if: Your gear Just has a latch and dead bolt with NO extra latches on edge of door which would be below the handle and above the handle. (Meaning no extensions attached to this gear. If you have extensions attached to your gear, this gear WILL NOT WORK) NOTE that this gear is universal and just by pulling on latch you can reverse it for opposite swing doors
* Single point Hoppe gear (meaning no extensions attach to this gear) choices are based on your back set and your deadbolt throw (see illistrations)
* Single point gear will fit and can be used in the multi point gear mortise: but will not work with multi point extensions
* Please view all illustrations above carefully for making correct option choices
* All Items are considered special order with no returns.
* Approximate shipping lead time: 2-3 weeks
HINT: MULTIPOINT HARDWARE VS. SINGLE POINT HARDWARE
- A single point mortise lock consists of a latch and deadbolt only. The deadbolt provides the single locking point between the door and jamb.
- A multipoint mortise lock has multiple locking points which simultaneously lock into place through the action of a continuous travel drive rail called the face plate . This drive rail is usually activated automatically or by lifting the door handle depending on your hardware style.